Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Praise Alaia! Shoegasm of the Week!

How dope would it have been if this was the shoe that journalist threw at Bush...get it? Allah? Alaia? Ok, apparently I'm only funny to myself. And you know what? That's just fine.

(source:shoewawa.com)
And a picture of these babies in action.

(click to enlarge. Photo from jakandjil.com)
Ahhh, I remember being 10 years old and salivating over my mom's best friend's collection of body hugging Alaia dresses. She never had a daughter, only sons...Maaaan, can I get some vintage hand me downs please?
In case you weren't aware, this sudden bandage dress craze was actually huge in the 90's, and even though Herve Leger gets all the credit Azzedine Alaia was the originator. He's amazing and truly underappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment