Friday, October 24, 2008

Things like this just motivate me to work HARDER..

I Love NY. I really do. The one and only thing I don't like is the winter. I am spoiled by desert winters and I just can't deal with the snow and freezing temperatures. Other than that, NY is heaven on earth. The people, the buildings, the food, the culture, the fact that you can get anything you want at any time of the night (for someone who is totally nocturnal that is Awesome) and of course the energy.

I have this internal clock that used to tell me when it was time to go to NY. Once I got that itch I had to scratch it. Of course, this was when I actually had the time to act on it. Work has kept me so busy for the past couple years I just haven't had time to make a trip and I'm really feeling the withdrawls.

Fortunately, every week I get my copy of New York Magazine, and for an hour or so I read about everything New York and stay up to date on all the constant changes in my favorite city. The best part of the magazine are the apartment listings. Amazing penthouses, townhouses and brownstones at ridicuolously inflated prices. :)

I just get to dream about the day I will own one...
Last week's issue was about home design with a focus on "Urban Pastoral". The Country in the City. The cover featured Chris and Lisa Goode's penthouse garden. It's the most perfct thing I could ever imagine. A little piece of West Coast comfort on the roof of a building in the middle of Manhattan. The best of both world's.

One day kids, One day....

Cover: (My fav. pic, sorry I couldn't find it any bigger)

More Pics of the rooftop lawn and interior of the apartment:

"The Goodes installed a greenhouse downstairs, which doubles as a natural light source. It’s where they harbor warm-climate plants like lemon trees (this year, they ate bananas from their own tree). The staircase goes to the lawn, kitchen, and living and dining rooms. "







They also have 5 chickens roaming around up there:

No comments:

Post a Comment